![]() |
| Me with the Pacemaker shortly after getting to my dad's house for dinner. |
My ride on Day 2 of 30 Days of Biking was a pretty short ride, but it served a purpose. My dad had called to invite me over for hamburgers and hot dogs with the rest of the family, so I used this as an opportunity to ditch my Jeep. My dad lives about eight miles away from my place and I’m fortunate enough to have a safe route to get there. So I loaded my back pockets up with the essentials: shorts to change in to, a cap to hide the helmet hair, and an extra shirt. Then I was off! I made my way through the park near my place (avoiding a busy street that’s only 2 lanes and no shoulder) and popped out onto the bike trail that runs along the street that goes straight to my dad’s house. The coolest part about the ride over was when a car went by me and gave me a couple “friendly” honks. Then the driver yelled, “Go girl!” out the window! I was moving right along apparently, so I gave him my coolest “cyclist wave” (which is really more of a point than a wave) and kept turning that crank.
When I pulled up to my dad’s house, I saw the Old Man out in the garage in his shop so I rode right in. He wasn't expecting me to show up on the bike, but as an avid cyclist himself, he thought it was great that I rode over. My dad rides to work almost daily in the spring and summer months, so of course I want to be a “commuter” like him. The rest of the fam wasn't there yet, so I also got to just hang out with my Pop for a bit and of course, fill him in on the 30 Days of Biking event and my Twitter team, Team Loving the Bike.
Sounds like he might be the next to join the team too…. J

No comments:
Post a Comment