![]() |
| My first pic at Werner Park |
In keeping with the previous day’s route, on Day 10 of 30 Days of Biking I set out in the same direction. This time my ride had a purpose though. Not long ago, construction wrapped up on the new minor league ballpark not too far from my place. The farm team for the Kansas City Royals, the Omaha Storm Chasers, will call this field home and even though I’m not a Royals fan, I love baseball and have wanted to go check the stadium out for some time now.
So I set out on my bike to ride to Werner Park. I got to do the same hills as on Day 9, but this time the wind wasn’t hitting me dead on, so it was a much easier ride. When I got to the highway intersection I continued on through and rode another half a mile to the turnoff for the ballpark. No one was around so I rode all over the grounds and checked out everything. The field looked beautiful with the grass and dirt perfectly laid out. I felt like the place was all mine as I rode around alone taking in the atmosphere that even while unoccupied the stadium possessed.
![]() |
| Pacemaker chillin' in the "horse stall" |
Even more excited than I was about the stadium, I was pumped that it only took me about 20 minutes to get to the park by bike from my place AND that there are bike racks out front, so I will be able to ride to the games! How cool is that?! As I left the stadium to ride around a bit more, I couldn’t help but think about all the games that I will be able to see at Werner Park soon, and how much fun it will be rolling up on game days on my bike. Maybe others will see me and ride there too! Either way, you know I’ll be Loving the Bike on my way to the ballpark!


No comments:
Post a Comment