Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 11 - 30 Days of Biking

Enjoying the sun and the view of the lake
There was nothing but sunshine waiting for me on the morning of Day 11 of 30 Days of Biking.  With such perfect weather, I couldn’t resist an easy morning ride to help wake me up and get me all set for the day ahead of me.  I did a couple of circuits on my regular loop and then hit the trail around the lake to take in the sights.  Fortunately for me, the recreation area that I live near isn’t usually as busy as some of the others that are in town, so I was able to cruise right along without having to dodge runners and dog walkers. 
This park is one that I’ve always had a special love for.  When I was younger, my dad lived in a house that was just a mile or so away from it, so on the days that my sister and I stayed with him, we spent a lot of time there.  We played at the playground that is still exactly the same as it was long ago, went on picnics, flew kites, and of course, did a lot of bike riding.  Aside from my neighborhood, that recreation area was the place I rode my bike the most and I loved every minute we spent there.  Now that I’m grown and live only a few blocks away from “my” park, I always think about all the happy memories I have with my family there and it brings a smile to my face.  In fact, when I think of all the places I enjoy riding my bike, my park is right at the top of that list. 
Who knows, maybe someday when I have kids of my own I’ll be bringing them out to the park with me for bike rides and picnics….I certainly hope to do those things with them!  For now though, every time I visit the park I get to relive those childhood memories of cruising down the path and Loving the Bike with my family!

2 comments: