Mother Nature was out again in full swing on Day 4 of 30 Days of Biking, and in the form of more wind. After pushing through the gusts the previous day, I already knew that my ride would be a challenge, but that was ok with me. After work I went out and did some circuits in the park near my place. Once I got going, I was fortunate enough to have more of a crosswind/tailwind helping me up the long hill, and I welcomed that by sitting up and trying to catch as much of the push as I could. It wasn’t until the downhill and loop back around that I got the smack in the face from Momma. The bike moved all over the road with me doing my best to keep it upright. Anytime you have to pedal while going down a hill with as mush force as you'd normally exert going up it - the wind is strong! A few times I went in attack mode to try to show that Her who really is stronger….lol. It makes me laugh to think that even when it comes to the wind, I’m competitive and won't allow myself to be pushed around.
After 15 miles I called it a night. My legs were feeling pretty strong, aside from my sore left hip and thought it best to ease up for the evening and not make it worse. Wind or no wind, I was just glad to be able to get out. No matter what the conditions are, I’m always Loving the Bike.

No comments:
Post a Comment