Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 5 - 30 Days of Biking

My post for Day 5 of 30 Days of Biking is rather short because it was a pretty lame effort on my part as I did juuuussst enough to say that I had done some pedaling.  On and off lately my left hip has been bothering me and I think my efforts in the wind on the two previous days tweaked it a bit more, so Day 5 was spent on the spin bike.  I took it pretty easy and just listened to some music for about 30 minutes.  It wasn’t what I had planned, but that’s life and sometimes you just need to listen to your body (which I don’t always do when I should) and slow it down a bit. 
Aside from my dislike of any indoor riding, I do love my spin bike.  It was my Christmas present to myself this year and it got some major use during the winter months.  Probably my favorite thing about it, besides the price tag it had, is the fact that it is super quiet.  I live in an apartment and in the past when I would use my trainer it would be so loud that the neighbor below me could hear it, so I always felt bad about exercising.  My spin bike though makes so little noise that I can work out at 2am (it happens on occasion due to my insomnia) and no one is disturbed at all.  I don’t even need to blast the music to hear it over the continuous blare that my trainer made. 
Although it was an indoor spin on a something that goes nowhere, I still was Loving the (Spin) Bike.

2 comments:

  1. Anytime you spin the pedals is a win! Whenever I have to tune out or can't sleep, I put my bike on the trainer. The constant drone it delivers is usually the cure for whatever ails me.
    Keep up the great work and of course; Keep the Rubber Side Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true, Ian; I was just had it as a personal goal to ride outside each day. I can't complain too much though, spinning is spinning and I'm just happy I got to do that.

    And yes! I'll keep the rubber side down! :)

    ReplyDelete