Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 12 - 30 Days of Biking

My ride on the day before (Day 11) had left me in a great mood and I was looking forward to continuing that positive persona at work, but I had a little scare at home when I was getting ready for work.  I suddenly became very light headed and started to feel pretty sick to my stomach.  My heart was beating fast and I started to sweat terribly, so of course, I sat down.  When I didn’t feel any better after a few minutes, I knew I needed to call my mom to come get me.  In a nutshell, I never got to go to work, and I need to be getting more sugar, iron, and water (even though I drink a ton of it), and I spent the day sleeping on and off on the couch and getting some more food in my stomach. 
So with that little episode, I was given strict instructions to take it easy for the next few days and not ride too long or put in such a big effort.  I tried to keep that in mind as I got ready to ride on the morning of Day 12 of 30 Days of Biking.  Like on Day 11, I was just going to take an easy stroll on the bike through the park.  It was a very chilly morning and I instantly wished I’d wore full finger gloves, but it was still pretty outside, so I didn’t care too much.  I decided to look for deer (one of my favorite things to see in the park).  When I was going down a hill, I saw a couple of deer crossing the road ahead of me.  I slowed down to look at them as they made their way into some tall grass, no doubt in search of breakfast.  When I got on the path to start my route around the lake, I surprised at how fast I was able to find even more deer, and A LOT of them!  There had to have been at least 15 in the herd (or peloton lol) and they stopped walking around when they saw me coming.  So not to scare them I stopped too and tried to look as non-threatening as a person on a bike can look.  Once they saw that I wasn’t a threat, the entire "peloton" continued walking
towards where ever they were going, and crossed the path right in front of me.  There were even a couple of fawns that bounced along through the grass, playing and goofing around the way kids do.  It made me laugh to watch them.

Once the deer were gone, I went on my merry way.  Several fishing boats were already on the water and the birds were chirping and fluttering about too.  I was sure to take it easy though and just love the morning and my surroundings.  When I got home I was happy that I had been able to ride and was grateful that my scare from the previous day hadn’t stopped me from Loving the Bike.









No comments:

Post a Comment