Day 23 of 30 Days of Biking was a fun one. The Earth Day celebration in Elmwood Park was going on and I planned to ride down to it and meet up with my friend, C.T. The day was colder than I had hoped it would be, but that’s Nebraska spring weather for ya, so I layered up and rode to the park. When I got there it was awesome to see so many families and people walking around looking at the different “eco-friendly” displays that various committees were manning and also listening to some local bands that we playing. When I found C.T. we walked my bike over with his to the “bike corral” that OmahaBikes.com had set up. This station allowed us to check our bikes, much like you would a coat, and get a ticket for it. Then the friendly folks with OmahaBikes.com would watch our bikes without us having to haul them around with us from place to place. We wandered around for a little while, grabbed some food, and took in the sights. As the temperatures started to drop more, we finally decided that maybe it would be a good idea to ride somewhere where we could be indoors and warm up. Near the park is an area that has really developed in the past couple of years. It’s an area that has become popular with college students as it neighbors the University of Nebraska at Omaha (where I went to college – fyi) and it has a theatre, juice shop, a store and few other little places that are trendy and fun to visit. The place we were going to ride to though, was ![]()
Jones Bros. Cupcakes!
They have great coffee for a cold day like that one…..and of course some off the hook cupcakes!
Jones Bros. has been featured on the Food Network’s “Cupcake Wars” too, and is also a very bike friendly destination since they offer discounts for those who ride to their restaurant.
The biggest decision of the day for me came when it was time to decide what cupcake I wanted.
Every kind looked delicious, but I finally went for the raspberry cheesecake cupcake and oh my goodness….it was wonderful!
If Heaven has a taste, that cupcake is it!
C.T. and I sat and chatted for a good while and warmed up with our coffee.
It was a great afternoon, but I definitely felt that after I had loved on my calorie filled cupcake, I would for sure need to be out
Loving the Bike afterwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment