Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 24 - 30 Days of Biking

Day 24 of 30 Days of Biking happened to fall on the same day as Easter.  I’ve always loved Easter as it reminds me just how much I’m loved by God.  There was a time when I wasn’t on the right path with life and even though I believed in God, my actions didn’t support His teachings and my life styles didn’t follow that of a true disciple of Jesus in any way.  Even in all my wrong doings though, God never let go of me and finally was able to break down walls that the evil one had built as a way to keep me from seeing the light and the righteous way of living.  By no means am I a perfect person, and I never will be, but I’m very happy to say that I am a changed person who tries my best every day to put others before myself and set a good example for people, especially my younger sisters.  So, after spending time with my family and enjoying good food and their company, I set out for an evening ride to give myself a little reflection time.  I took a longer route to the town of Springfield which is near where I live.  The route is mostly on the highway’s shoulder, but it’s nice and wide and is traveled quite a bit by other area cyclists.  The winds were calm and I was able to pedal without much distraction except for the few cars that were out at that time.  I thought a lot about the past and how once a time in a person’s life is over, it cannot be revisited; it stays in the past where you left it, but always a memory in the back of your mind.  There have been several times in my past that I have continued to carry it with me instead of letting go, and I’m working on them, but it’s hard to do that sometimes.  I thought about how maybe I could think of those “bad moments” as bumps in the road.  Any cyclist who rides a route often enough begins to be able to remember where the rough parts of the road are located; where the joint jarring potholes are, and they simply keep those sections of the road in their minds and remember to avoid them as they approach.  The same technique can be applied when it comes to life as a way to avoid making the same mistakes that are going to cause you pain.  Like the bumps in the road, we learn from them and avoid them in the future.  After returning home, I felt like I had a clearer mind and felt lucky to know that I have so many people who care for me, whether or not I deserve it.  Loving the Bike on Easter was a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment