Thursday, March 6, 2014

Long Time, No See
















It's been a very long time since I did any sort of posting on my little blog here.  Part of that has been by design, I suppose, and part of that is just because I just haven't had the time or energy to devote to keeping it up to date.  Here I am though, still cycling and still a librarian, so the title of this blog remains valid.  Those two things have not changed, but many other aspects of my life have.  In a nutshell, the past two years have looked like this:

  • Played softball for a new team
  • Completed 2012 Tour de Cure
  • Completed RAGBRAI XL
  • Completed Corporate Cycling Challenge
  • Watched the USA Pro Challenge in person
  • Got Un-Engaged
  • Took a vacation
  • Celebrated the Children's Library's 1st birthday
  • Various ups and downs and another broken heart
  • Celebrated 4 years sober
  • Played more softball with the same team
  • Bought a house
  • Completed 2013 Wear Yellow Ride
  • Completed 2013 Bike for Sight Ride
  • Completed 2013 Tour de Cure
  • Completed RAGBRAI XLI
  • Completed Corporate Cycling Challenge
  • Met my current boyfriend
  • Took a softball to the head
  • Celebrated the Children's Library's 2nd birthday
  • Celebrated 5 years sober
So that brings to me where I am now, which is in a pretty good place I'd say.  I'm happy; I'm on a cycling team for the first time in my life, I enjoy my job and my staff, and I've got a new guy in my life that loves me.  I do realize that I've been a little vague in some of these descriptions, and I think it's best left that way.  If you've met me in "real life" then you know all the bits and pieces, but I'm not going to jot it all down here.  I've had to make a lot of hard decisions, and I'm thankful for the path I'm on; and that's all I really need.  

Future posts will be less "blah" than this, but I felt if I was just going to pick back up after such a long time off that maybe some sort of explanation was owed....I don't know.  My new goal with my blog is for it to serve as both a dumping ground for my thoughts, but also serve as a place where I can share information and my love for cycling and being a librarian.  

So grab your bike and your favorite bookmark 'cuz the Cycling Librarian rides again!

No comments:

Post a Comment